By submitting an image or images for entry into the competition, you are accepting the Terms & Conditions listed below.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact us.
General Conditions of Entry
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that they have read and abided by the Competition Rules set out below.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Competition Rules and Digital guidelines, and warrants that their entry complies with Cirrus Research’s requirements.
- Any entry found not to comply with the Competition Rules will be disqualified.
- No refunds or allowances will be made in such instances and any prizes will be forfeited.
- The decision of Cirrus Research plc on all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding. No negotiation will be considered.
- The image chosen for the front cover and one of the pages will win the £150 first prize.
- The 11 other images chosen with each win a £50 Amazon voucher.
- The winning images will be chosen on their individual merit and will be selected by Cirrus Research plc.
- Each winner will be notified by email within 30 days of the closing date.
- The closing date for entries is the 31st August 2012.
What to Enter
- A maximum of 5 images can be submitted by any one entrant.
- By entering the competition the entrant verifies that he/she has read the rules and agrees to abide by them.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- The competition is not open to anyone involved in the running of this competition, or their immediate family members.
- If you are under 16 you must obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before entering the competition.
- Digital adjustments to photographs are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning work, for example removing dust spots. Any photograph that appears to have had too much digital manipulation may not be considered by the judges.
- By submitting your photograph you agree to your name and location (e.g. UK) being published in relation to your photograph online and in other media.
- By entering your photograph into the competition, you grant to Cirrus Research the commercial exclusive right to use your images for promotion of Cirrus Research in any media. The photographer will be credited whenever possible. Entrants must not infringe on the privacy rights, copyright or other rights of any person.
- Cirrus Research plc will not pass your details on to any other third party other than that specified.
- The rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright and reproduction
- Each entry must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Each entrant must either be the sole owner of the copyright or have secured the written permission of the copyright owner to enter the image into the Competition and grants Cirrus Research plc the rights detailed below.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant grants to Cirrus Research plc a non-exclusive irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their awarded image(s) and copies of their awarded image(s) in all media throughout the world in relation to the Competition including but not limited to all use in the context of:
- Judging the Competition
- Inclusion in the Cirrus Research 2013 Calendar
- Inclusion within Cirrus Research plc’s Websites, including within interactive elements associated with the Competition (now known or hereafter created) available for viewing or download from Cirrus Research plc’s Websites
- Inclusion in promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the Competition and/or Exhibitions
- In some of the circumstances above, commercial opportunities may exist for awarded photographers to benefit from the use of their image: where a commercial benefit is likely to arise, permission will be sought in advance, and terms and conditions will be agreed.
All entrants agree that if their entry is awarded, they agree to the use of their name and submitted image for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity of the Competition and without additional compensation.
- The image(s) must be of sufficient size and quality for reproduction as an A4 image at a resolution of 300dpi.
- An image from an 8 megapixel camera is usually of sufficient resolution but higher resolutions will allow for editing and cropping where required.
- Images can be submitted in any of the following file formats:
- JPEG – JPEG images must be saved at High Quality (Usually level 10 or higher)
- RAW – The type of camera used for the image should be supplied with RAW files
- Entrants must also be able to supply a high resolution file suitable for printing in all media and for inclusion in the 2013 calendar, should their image be successful.
- The high resolution file should match the colour and cropping of the JPEG submitted at entry.
The promoter for this competition is
Cirrus Research plc
T: 0845 230 2434 (UK)
T: +44 1723 891655
F: +44 1723 891742